Monday, September 28, 2009

Microwave Strawberry Jam

Homemade Super-Easy Microwave Strawberry Jam!

After having good results with the super apple jam from The cook's collection, I wanted to try out strawberry, and it so happened some strawberries were on the bargain counter that day, so I took some home, let them sit in the fridge a few days, then used a recipe from a very good microwave cookbook (where i got my cheese and choc chip recipes)

The results were not as "jelly-firm" and not colored like the storebought ones, and I stored them in St Dalfour's bottle. Sam is a great consumer of strawberry jam and we have lots of empty bottles

Here it is:
500gm strawberries
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups sugar.
1) Wash hull and cut strawberries in half
2) Cook with lemon juice in a big casserole dish uncovered for 4 minutes on high.
3) Mix in sugar well. Cook uncovered for 17-20 minutes until jam jells when tested on a cold saucer. Stir occasionally.
4) Pour into hot sterilized jars, seal well and label. (Omit this step if you have a brother in the house who will finish it in a week)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good I'll give it a try, but a little less sugar for me.

    ReplyDelete